Looking for something a bit different this weekend? Need a break from the football? Here are 5 inspiring ways to spice up your weekend…
(And if you want to make my weekend, please join the Less Ordinary Living mailing list to get all the latest juice)
1) Find inspiration – Sharing Life Skills Magazine
This is a brilliant concept – a collection of great writing by some of the best bloggers out there. Covering personal development, health, psychology and success, it is a fabulous read – something to chew on and digest. Put together by Jonathan Wells of Advanced Life Skills – this is a project I’m proud to be part of. Take a read and see what happens!
2) The Eight Irresistible Principles of Fun
Brilliant animation from the folks at Box of Crayons about how to enjoy life – Stop hiding who you really are, Stop following the Rules, Stop Taking Yourself So Seriously. Pick any of these and it’ll bring more fun into your weekend.
3) Get reading – 5 Great Books
Five brilliant books to get stuck into this weekend (the first 2 are compelling fiction, the last 3 will make your life better):
1. The Wind-up Bird Chronicle – Haruki Murakami – surreal, compelling mystery from Japan’s master storyteller
2. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time – Mark Haddon – a touching, funny and wise story about a boy with Asperger syndrome
3. Happiness – Mattieu Ricard – Wise and human overview of happiness by a buddhist monk
4. The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People – Stephen R. Covey – a personal development classic – still compelling today
5. The Art of Possiblity – Rosamund and Benjamin Zander – funny and smart guide to practices that can make life and the world better
4) Learn to Mediate with Headspace
A meditation site without the mumbo-jumbo or mysticism. These guys offer practical and clear guidance on how to start a meditation practice. Highly recommended for anyone looking to reduce stress, find more peace in life and feel happier. Try the Take 10 Program and let me know what happens.
5) Do Something Worthwhile with LeapAnywhere
A great way to have more fun and do more good? Leap Anywhere is a great site which has a wide range of exciting opportunities to volunteer across the UK. Search their database for an event near you, get involved, have fun and maybe even make some new friends.
Enjoy the weekend,
Photo Credit: Pink Sherbert (Flickr Creative Commons)